Monday, January 12, 2009

Sunday-A Day of Rest?

not if you are self employed!! If you are anything like me, you eat, breath, sleep work! I have woken from dreams of designs in my head, those were not sugarplums, although I could buy sugarplums if my dream remains in my head long enough to get to some paper!

Every waking hour is devoted to my goal! I have a constant flow of inspiration, it is actually kind of annoying. I can't look at anything without seeing something else in it. This is what I refer to as my 'curse and my blessing'.

Yesterday, we had to go into Portland. We didn't have to go until late in the day. I started thinking about the 'heading' on this blog and thought a panoramic view of Portland would be cool. I started looking for one and then said wait! We are going into Portland, Dave loves taking pics, so he can take one for me and I will use it instead of finding one and hoping no one minds LOL So the panoramic image above is 'by Dave'. I asked him to take a photo of my new work for me while he was at Bug Light as well. It came out great!! I was almost done my new piece and we had to get going. I took everything with me and was finished by the time we got to Westbrook.

No rest for the weary!! I have rightfully earned these bags under my eyes! It's all for the greater good though and perserverance pays off!

Heights by great men reached and kept were not obtained by sudden flight but, while their companions slept, they were toiling upward in the night.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Did you know Henry Wadworth Longfellow lived in Maine?
http://www.hwlongfellow.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment